We are community journalists. It's critical that members of our communities clearly understand how we behave.
Paperwork Studios is a publishing business built on working relationships between journalists, readers, and sources. As such, we believe it is critical for us to adhere to a strict code of conduct that articulates how we will engage with current and future readers and follow the tenets set forth below:
- We provide assistance to our readers wherever possible and however we can.
- We prioritize coverage that provides practical value to our readers.
- We respect our reader’s time and deliver information as efficiently as possible.
- We do not court controversy or engage in counterfactuals.
- We seek out and provide a platform for new ideas.
- We clearly label opinions as such.
- We endeavor to provide not only the stories of the day, but the context that renders them meaningful.
- We honor our agreements with sources and participants in closed-door events.
- We do not attempt to scale publications when doing so risks watering down the value of the content.
- We hold ourselves accountable to our readers and make ourselves available to readers. We surface rather than bury good faith criticism of our coverage.